The UTA (Unified Taekwon-do Association) is a non-profit organisation established in January 2004, with the primary objective of benefiting its Instructors and student members. The organisation operates in the United Kingdom and is dedicated to promoting and advancing Taekwon-do.
Key points about the UTA:
- Instructor Qualifications: All UTA Instructors have completed an Instructors course facilitated by the UK ITF (United Kingdom Taekwon-do Federation), which is recognised by the British Taekwon-do Council (BTC). The BTC serves as the governing body for Taekwon-do in the UK and oversees various aspects related to the sport.
- Affiliation: The UTA is proud to be a member of the UK ITF, which, in turn, is affiliated with the International Taekwon-do Federation (ITF) at the international level. This affiliation grants the UTA the authority to issue black belt grading certificates that are recognised internationally. Additionally, being part of the UK ITF provides access to influential figures in Taekwon-do, such as Grandmaster Choi Jung Hwa and Grandmaster Nicholls.
- Safeguarding: The UTA takes the safety and well-being of its members seriously, especially when it comes to children and vulnerable adults. All Instructors have undergone an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, ensuring that they are suitable to work with children and adults at risk. The UTA adheres to the safeguarding policy set forth by the BTC.
- Governance: The UTA is governed by executive directors and appointed members, who are responsible for overseeing the organization’s activities and ensuring its smooth operation.
- Collaboration: The UTA works closely with Grandmaster Nicholls and the UK ITF to provide its members with various opportunities, such as participating in competitions, attending seminars, and receiving technical updates. This collaboration helps enhance the learning experience and skills of its members.
Overall, the UTA serves as a reputable platform for individuals interested in Taekwon-do to learn, train, and progress in their martial arts journey under the guidance of qualified instructors and with the support of a well-established governing body.